Booking telephone: 07714290407
All bookings are subject to availability. For more information visit ruckinge-pc.gov.uk/village-halls/ruckinge-village-hall
RUCKINGE VILLAGE HALL – TERMS AND CONDTIONS OF HIRE
For this document the ‘Hirer’ shall be the person paying for the hire of Ruckinge Village Hall.
- THE HIRER
- The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage, however slight, or change of any sort and the behaviours of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway.
- It is also the responsibility of the Hirer to make sure that laws relating to drinking and smoking are adhered to i.e. no person under the age of 18 shall be allowed to drink or serve alcohol, and that alcohol shall only be served during the permitted hours.
- The Hirer shall also make sure that everyone knows that it is illegal to smoke on the premises.
- Hirers must contact the Bookings Secretary at least one week before the date of hire. The Bookings Secretary will make arrangements for collecting/accessing the key. The key must be returned to the collection point immediately after the hire.
- The Hirer shall not sub hire or use the Ruckinge Village Hall or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the premises, or any insurance policies held by the Parish Council.
- RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIRER
- The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire & Rescue Service, Local Authority, the Magistrates’ Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing, music, or other public entertainment.
- The Hirer shall give full consideration to local residents by reducing the volume of music after 10pm and leaving the hall with a minimum of noise and disruption.
- USE OF PREMISES
- The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the Ruckinge Village Hall and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured, unless directed otherwise.
- Any contents removed from their usual positions must be properly replaced; otherwise the Parish Council shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
- At no time may any ‘Chinese Lanterns’ be lit and let off on the car park.
- All rubbish must be taken home and not left on the premises.
- All portable electrical items brought into the Ruckinge Village Hall for public use must be (PAT) – Portable Appliance Tested by a qualified electrician and carry a label from the electrician.
- The use of bouncy castles / inflatables is strictly prohibited in the Ruckinge Village Hall or on the car park.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Parish Council for the cost of repair of any damage to any part of the property including the Ruckinge Village Hall, the car park, or to the contents of the building which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
- The Ruckinge Village Hall has Public Liability cover for individuals and/or groups hiring the Hall for private functions who have no public liability cover of their own.
- The cover is only provided for non-commercial activities, which are for the benefit of the local community. Any business hirer should arrange their own insurance.
The maximum number of people allowed at any event in the Ruckinge Village Hall (including performers and/or helpers) must not exceed 100.
- HIRE FEES:
1 – 3 hours £30.00 (3 hours minimum booking time) + £50 refundable deposit
Half day £40.00 (5 hours maximum including setup/clearance time) +£50 refundable deposit
Full day £75.00 (9 hours maximum including set up/clearance time) + £50 refundable deposit
Events (where admission charged) £100.00 for the day + £100 refundable deposit
Preparation for event on previous evening additional £40.00
- PAYMENT TERMS
- The Hirer shall pay a deposit of 50% at the time of booking and the balance one week prior to the event together with a £50 damage/cleaning deposit which will be refunded after inspection by the Parish Council.
- Payment may be made direct to the Parish Council bank account or in cash. Cheques/cards are not accepted.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- A booking is not confirmed unti1l the booking form has been completed, submitted and payment taken.
- These Terms and Conditions will have been made available to the Hirer at the time of making the booking. By proceeding with the booking the Hirer is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- The Parish Council reserve the right to cancel the booking in the event of the Ruckinge Village Hall being required for use as a polling station, or for health and safety reasons, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a full refund of any payment already made.
- Block bookings may be requested to alter their bookings if the Ruckinge Village Hall is needed for a wedding reception or a funeral event.
- In the event of cancellation by the Hirer one month or more before the booked date the fee paid will be refunded less a £10 administration fee. Less than one month refunds will be at the sole discretion of the Parish Council.
- In the event of the Ruckinge Village Hall or any part of it being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Parish Council shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage. No responsibility is held by the Parish Council for articles of clothing left in the Ruckinge Village Hall or car park.
- FIRE REGUALTIONS
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring all escape routes are clear of obstructions at all times, fire doors are to be kept closed not wedged open. The use of candles/tealights is strictly forbidden.
- In the event of a fire, however minor, the Fire & Rescue Service are to be called and the Parish Council advised.
- FOOD SAFETY
- All relevant food health and hygiene legislation must be followed. Where necessary the hirer must provide properly qualified personnel to prepare/serve food on the premises.
- Food must be stored in compliance with the Food Standards Agency guidelines.
- CAR PARKING
- Hirers are responsible for ensuring that parking is orderly and not causing obstruction. The Parish Council accepts no responsibility for any damage sustained on vehicles parked on its premises.
- The Hirer shall ensure that no unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises when open to the public without the consent of the management committee. Portable Liquefied Propane Gas (LPG) heating appliances shall not be used
If you have any concerns, please contact the Parish Clerk on email@example.com.
Booking Form including Terms and Conditions of Hire Version 19/06/2023